Explore the differences between aluminum wet seal panel and rainscreen systems. Learn how to design more economical panels with as little waste as possible. Study types of fastening methods, how current economic trends and tariffs have impacted metal manufacturing and ways to utilize post-fabrication painting to give your project that “wow” factor without breaking your budget.
After attending this class you will:
- Have a better understanding of metal panel systems and components.
- Be able to explain how wet seal varies from rainscreen systems, AAMA testing standards and the air/water infiltration requirements.
- Have a clear understanding of what gauge metal is right for your design.
- Understand how to design and plan for plate panel systems utilizing standard sheet lengths to minimize waste and lower costs
Architectural Aluminum Coatings: 1 AIA LU
Explore PVDF finishes, the coating options available, AAMA Spec 2604 and 2605, warranties and the process for metal coatings. We will learn about the different types of pre-treat, choosing a 2, 3 or 4 coat finish, the delta variance of color and selecting the right product for your project. We will also look at ways to utilize post-fabrication painting to give a project that “wow” factor without breaking the budget. After completing this course you will:
- Understand how to choose the right finish for a project as well as the differences between exotic, mica, metallic versus custom/existing colors.
- Understand the importance of the pre-treat process.
- Know the difference between AAMA 2604 and 2605 and further understand specifications for Kynar finishes.
- Understand how warranties vary and why, who holds the warranty and how varying factors determine warranty length and/or offering.
Designing with Perforated Metal Panels and Products 104: 1 AIA LU|HSW
Offering almost endless pattern options as well as design versatility, perforated panels and assorted perforated metal products are exploding in popularity. Perforated metal panels can provide semi-privacy, reduce heat and glare, act as an equipment screen, an infill panel through stairwells and so much more. After completing this course, attendees will have an understanding of what to expect with flatness and what the tolerances are for strength of metal versus percentage open. Participants will also understand how to achieve smooth and safe perforated products and the equivalent solid metal concept when it comes to choosing what percentage open will be best for the selected design.
After attending this class, you will:Understand the equivalent solid metal concept and how it relates to perforated panels
- Understand how percentage open in perforation design is related to tensile strength of metal and what gauge is utilize
- Understand the basic decisions in order to choose a perforated product and how each of those effect cost
- Learn about the importance of smooth perforations and post-fabrication painting to create a safe, sharp edge free product.
- Will know the pros and cons between perforated, expanded metal or wire cloth
- Understand how choices in assembly, metal thickness and pattern effect flatness.