Explore the differences between aluminum wet seal panel and rainscreen systems. Learn how to design more economical panels with as little waste as possible. Study types of fastening methods, how current economic trends and tariffs have impacted metal manufacturing and ways to utilize post-fabrication painting to give your project that “wow” factor without breaking your budget.
After attending this class you will:
- Have a better understanding of metal panel systems and components.
- Be able to explain how wet seal varies from rainscreen systems, AAMA testing standards and the air/water infiltration requirements.
- Have a clear understanding of what gauge metal is right for your design.
- Understand how to design and plan for plate panel systems utilizing standard sheet lengths to minimize waste and lower costs
Architectural Aluminum Coatings: 1 AIA LU
Explore PVDF finishes, the coating options available, AAMA Spec 2604 and 2605, warranties and the process for metal coatings. We will learn about the different types of pre-treat, choosing a 2, 3 or 4 coat finish, the delta variance of color and selecting the right product for your project. We will also look at ways to utilize post-fabrication painting to give a project that “wow” factor without breaking the budget. After completing this course you will:
- Understand how to choose the right finish for a project as well as the differences between exotic, mica, metallic versus custom/existing colors.
- Understand the importance of the pre-treat process.
- Know the difference between AAMA 2604 and 2605 and further understand specifications for Kynar finishes.
- Understand how warranties vary and why, who holds the warranty and how varying factors determine warranty length and/or offering.